The holidays are over and I’m left with nothing but my new muffin-top and some fleeting festive memories. Personally, I think a nice photo is a much better reminder of a holiday than a bulging waistline. I know I need to start a new diet and exercise plan but with the new year already in full swing I’m all over the place and seriously pressed for time.I found myself brainstorming around how I can create a perfect diet and fitness plan while remaining as lazy as possible, and it hit me! There’s yet to be a challenge that my shiny new iPhone hasn’t obliterated, I just needed to find the right app.
After some looking around and trying a few out, I now consider exercise and apps a perfect fit. Whether you’re struggling with thunder-thighs, jelly-belly or that annoying general bulge like me, these are my picks of the top apps that help you tailor-make your diet and exercise routines to suit your individual needs. I call it fitness for the organisationally challenged.
• BlackBerry App World’s Weightloss Sensei is the guru of all dieting apps. Packed with nifty features, WeithLoss Sensai follows your diet programme, creating personalised meal plans, shopping lists, workout reminders and other such helpful tools.
• A popular option for iPhones and Android devices is RunKeeper, which lets you keep track of whatever physical activities you’re doing at any time, be it exercising like a demon or running around after your kids like a... demon. This fabulous piece of technology monitors pace, time and calories burned through your phone’s GPS.
• Another app for iPhone, iPad and Android is MyFitnessPal, a free application which allows you to track your eating habits in proportion to your exercise routine, cleverly calculating goals for you based on your unique stats.
• For the more intense fitness fan, Fitness Pro is an all-round physical training app for iPhones/iPads. This app, using photos and text instructions, takes some of the intimidation
out of figuring out the types of strength training best suited to you. If you’re willing to tackle activities on the mat, with gym equipment or with weights, this is the app for you.
• ShapeUp is the popular application that counts kilojoules for you. Super useful for anyone who’s trying to limit their kilojoule intake, this fabulous feature helps you make the little changes that add up in the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment