Monday, 27 February 2012

Post-Valentine's Detox

Valentine’s Day has come and gone, but it’s after effects have left many of us feeling
sluggish and in the mood to do very little. Inspired, I’ve decided to do a bit of research on
the best detox method to help rejuvenate myself.

Many experts say that a short detox is all you need to help your body focus on self-healing.
A period of 3 to 21 days is ideal to rid your body of the all the bad stuff. Here are a few
recommended steps that I have put together.

Firstly, avoid caffeinated drinks. Rehydrate with 8 cups of water a day, this will flush out
impurities and rid the body of toxins. If you just can’t resist a morning cuppa, try a non
flavoured herbal tea.

Next, swap white rice and pastas for the healthier option of whole-grain products that are
rich in fibre. Be sure to include loads of raw veggies and fruits. Colour is key, so try to fill
your plate with a variety of brightly coloured veggies. They make a pretty plate as well.

Snacking was by far the hardest part of my detox. I craved everything that I shouldn’t from
sugary sweets to savoury chips but, being on a detox, those sorts of foods are a definite NO
NO. So I reluctantly ate my raw nuts and decided that cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds
and walnuts are my new favourite treats.

I really do admit this detox after V-day has definitely made me feel a lot better both inside
and out. I hope you manage to get through your Post V-day Detox.

No comments:

Post a Comment